Meet Dr. Stanley Markin, B.Sc., D.D.S., D. Ortho
At Braceland Orthodontists, we feel that we best serve our patients when we have a close, friendly relationship with them. As a trusted Scarborough orthodontist office, we provide a wide range of services, all because of Dr. Stanley Markin. Whether you need braces or Invisalign in Scarborough, or you simply want to see if an orthodontic treatment is right for you, we will work diligently with you to find the most effective solution for your needs. In order to get to know our orthodontist better, read on to find out more about Dr. Markin.
Education and Background
With over 30 years of experience, it is no wonder that Dr. Markin is the orthodontist Toronto residents have come to trust. That level of loyalty is based in part on the extensive training and education that Dr. Markin has received over the years, including the following:
- 1975: B.Sc. from the University of Toronto
- 1979: D.D.S. from the University of Toronto
- 1980: Hospital Residency at Mount Sinai
- 1982: Dip. Orthodontics from the University of Toronto
- 1982: Joined Dr. Moe Cooper's orthodontic practice
- 1988: Established Braceland Orthodontists with Dr. Cooper
Staying up to date with the latest in technological innovations and training is important to Dr. Markin, which is why he makes it a point to hold memberships in a number of professional orthodontic organizations, including the following:
- Ontario Dental Association
- Canadian Dental Association
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Ontario Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Toronto Orthodontic Study Club
- University of Toronto Orthodontic Alumni
- Alpha Omega Dental Society
Dr. Markin has also served as president for the Alpha Omega Dental Society and the Ontario Association of Orthodontists.
International College of Dentists Fellowship
As an orthodontist dedicated to excellence in patient care and treatment, Dr. Markin strives to remain a leader in the field. In recognition of his efforts, Dr. Markin was recently inducted as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists. The International College of Dentists is the world’s oldest honour society for dentists dedicated to the principles of leadership, recognition, humanitarianism, education, and professional relations. Read more about the ICD and Dr. Markin’s fellowship honour on our practice blog.
A History of Friendly Service
Over the years, Dr. Markin has provided high-quality orthodontic care to the Toronto area. His patients range from locals to those from out of town, and many of his past patients have even returned with their own children for treatment.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Toronto Orthodontist!
For those who live in Scarborough or Toronto, braces may be the best treatment option available. Contact Braceland Orthodontists at 416-497-2122 to meet with Dr. Markin to determine the best path for your specific needs. He can't wait to help you achieve a beautiful smile!