As an orthodontist dedicated to excellence in patient care and treatment, Dr. Stanley Markin strives to remain a leader in the field. In recognition of his efforts, Dr. Markin was recently inducted as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists.
About the Honour
The International College of Dentists is a prestigious organization dedicated to recognizing “outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of all humankind.” As the world’s oldest honour society for dentists, becoming a Fellow is a great accomplishment for any dental or orthodontic professional.
“I feel very honoured to have been nominated and accepted as a Fellow in the Canadian Section of the International College of Dentists. This recognition of my contributions to my profession and community are humbling. I hope to be able to continue to do what I love to do – continue helping others however I can.”
In order for a dental or orthodontic professional to be considered by the International College of Dentists, he or she must live up to the organization’s five core values:
- Leadership — uphold the highest standard of professional competence and personal ethics.
- Recognition — recognize distinguished service to the profession and the public worldwide.
- Humanitarianism — foster measures for the prevention and treatment of oral disease by encouraging and supporting humanitarian projects.
- Education — contribute to the advancement of the profession of dentistry by fostering the growth and diffusion of dental knowledge worldwide.
- Professional Relations — provide a universal forum for the cultivation of cordial relations within the profession and to assist in preserving the highest perception of the profession.
Dr. Markin was officially inducted as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists on May 28, 2016. He is proud to accept the honour and will unceasingly work to live up to their standard of excellence everyday in his Scarborough practice.